Forum rules - please read before posting.

2.5D game menu button cropped/obscured

When making a 2.5D game and restricting the aspect ratio to 1.778 my scene works spot on when running at 1920x1080 as expected.

When the resolution is set to 1920x1200 the scene works and looks as normal with the black bars in place, however the menu button is half hidden behind the lower black bar as though the UI doesn't take into account the restricted aspect ratio. The button is just clickable, and it works. 

The equivalent with the default inventory at the top too. Still works, just half of it is behind the black bar.

I followed the 2.5D tutorial in a new project and got the same effect.

And in a new project:

Open Unity
New Project
Import AC (accept the changes it suggests)
New Game Wizard, 2.5D with Unity UI
Force Aspect ratio - 1.778
Build & Run

I don't believe it is anything I am doing wrong, is there a fix other than limiting the res options?

Comments

• While Menus that rely on AC will automatically re-scale to suit the forced resolution, Unity UI ones are assumed to be in control of the user, and so require a custom script to make them fit.

However, such a script has been made available here - though it looks like you'll have to modify the UI prefab as well.
  • Thanks Chris, this got me on the right tracks, seems to be working great now :)