Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problem regarding PlayMaker FSM in AC

Hi guys,

I have an issue. I created a light switch and added a FSM on it.
A simple 2 state FSM. On and Off states with the transitions.

State Off = Light Intensity 0
State On = Light Intensity 2

I then added a Hotspot on the light switch (the object with the FSM), with an interaction containing the Third Party Tool - Play Maker.

I set my PlayMaker FSM and my event to call, but it does nothing. It does not change the state from Light intensity 0 to light intensity 2.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a thing I have to add in my PM FSM that tells the object that the trigger is from Adventure Creator?

Comments

• Shouldn't be.  Are you defining the FSM to call in the Action, or just assigning the PlayMaker FSM field and supplying an Event to call?
  • edited November 2016
    Ok, I managed to call the Turn_On event. It turns on the light, but now, how do I make it turn off if I click it again? 

Should I set a local variable with the light status? On or off. And check the variable and call that Event in PlayMaker?
  • Unless you want to embed it in a custom script and call that script from AC, then yes - use a boolean variable.  If you want the variable to be synced with a PlayMaker one, you can do so if the variable is Global.