Forum rules - please read before posting.

How do i scale my 3d Character acording to z axis?

Hello Chris, Im dealing with 2.5d game and i have 3d character BUT i have ortographic camera.
I created a sorting map and placed it in scene settings and i put Follow Sorting Map on player.
When im in edit mode ( and check box for edit mode is true ) it actually scale my character as i move him back and front... but when i hit play nothing happens. My player stay with 1.1.1 scale.

Can you help here. What did i miss here? 

Thank you, as always.

Andrej

Comments

• AC won't control the 3D scale of a character, as it causes many problems - including movement speed becoming incorrect, animation scales getting wrong, and even more when root motion is a factor.

You could feasibly do this by writing a custom script that reads the FollowSortingMap's GetLocalScale value and applies it to your mesh / root, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Why are you in need of an orthographic camera if the character is to get larger closer to the camera?  If you need the camera to pan sideways, know that if you use a GameCamera2D prefab that's set to Perspective projection, then panning won't cause the perspective to shift.
  • Im having problems with shadows and ground object trasparency.
    here are screenshots of my main camera, navCam and ground object.

In scene view i see shadows but in game window i dont see them. when i manage to see them is when i change clipping mask on camera so i see the navMesh plane but its clipping my scene.

im using your shader to do shadows.

Can you point out what ive don wrong?

i created a new 2d projects by your wizard and include 3d positioning of my characters.

Thank you
  • culling mask*