Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot Bug Only on Build

Hi!  I'm using Unity 5.3, and I'm pretty stumped on this issue:

I have an object (beans) inside a cupboard.  When the character uses the cupboard, it opens and the beans become visible/enabled hotspot/send message on.  That works fine when I'm testing in Unity.  When I build the project, it only works half of the time.  The game starts in a different scene, and if I walk a little bit (away from the kitchen where the beans are) the camera follows, then walk back to the house and into the kitchen, the cupboards open fine and the beans are visible but the hotspot isn't enabled (but again it's only in build mode so I'm not sure if it's the hotspot not getting enabled or some other cause like the cupboard hotspot being in front?? Tested a little with the Z axis without results).  If I start the game and head right to the kitchen, the bean hotspot usually activates just fine.  I've deleted and remade the actionlist multiple times, broken into pieces, nothing seems to work (well, again it works in Unity just not in the build...)

Any suggestions?  I have another set of food objects in a fridge, handled the same way and that seems to work just fine everytime.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @MoCohen.

We'll need to know more about your game in order to get to the bottom of this.  What version of AC are you using, what platform are you building to, and what is your movement method?  A screenshot illustrating the issue will help a lot to get an understanding of the issue.

In order to narrow the source of the problem, we'll need to determine if this is due to the Hotspot itself, or down to some other factor.  Try keeping the beans Hotspot enabled right from the start - is it always interactable then?

From the sound of it, it could be that another collider is getting in the way - is your Player's collider on the Ignore Raycast layer or the Default layer?