Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problems with my On Start cutscenes in 1.37

edited August 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hi,

Unfortunately I've had some problems with my On start cutscenes after the upgrade. Basically actions like Character: Move to point and Object teleport don't do anything in the On Start cutscenes IN THE BUILDS. When I test them in the player they work as expected. I've looked at this for several hours but can't find the root cause. Here is a tiny Unity project that I've created for my bugtesting: 

It contains two scenes, one scene "BeforeUpgrade", which was originally in my game before the upgrade and one scene "AfterUpgrade" that I created after the upgrade with the wizard. Both contain only an OnStart cutscene with one Character: Move to point action. Both work fine when I test with the play button. But when I build BeforeUpgrade, the cutscene doesn't work!! The AfterUpgrade scene works in the build.

Since I have quite alot of things that does not work when I build my scenes I've had to revert to 1.36b for now. Hopefully you can help me to find the problem so I can use the upgrade, which I liked alot otherwise.

Thank you
Göran

Comments

• Will look into it, I have an idea why it might be happening.  Thanks for the clear example.

Look out for a 1.37a update later on - this is likely a critical bug.
  • Some extra information: I used to Change Player in the OnStart script. I corrected that action as per your instructions, but then I got the problems above. As can be seen in my bug test, removing multiple players altogether did nothing for the build problems.
  • And thank you for investigating!