Forum rules - please read before posting.

Select Interactions with Different buttons

Hi,

So lets say I wanted to map interactions to different buttons instead of cycling through them. Is that possible. I don't want to use a mouse either. 

Comments

• To add to the question, I mean like 4 interaction buttons. Like in the walking dead on consoles, each button for a different choice.
  • In the list of properties for a Button element in the Menu Manager, you can assign an Alternative input button.  If you enter in the name of a button defined in the Input Manager, triggering that input will perform the same thing as clicking the button.
  • I cant seem to get it to work. I'm in the menu manager, I see Use, Talk and Look at Interaction. They have alternative input. I enter the button I want it assigned to but when I try in game it doesn't work. 

What kind of settings do I use? Context sensitive or Choose hotspot then Interaction?
  • Also, I did add the interaction name to the input.

I also see Buttons and Interactions on the menu manager. The interactions are what we click. So are you saying i should use buttons instead of interactions on the hotspot?

• I got it working. I didn't know I had to enter the name of the input in the Alternative input button, I entered the button itself.

Thank you.