Forum rules - please read before posting.

lost talk to cursor

edited October 2016 in Technical Q&A
i was using the talk to cursor i made and then i deleted it by accident. now the new one wont display properly. what are the settings to fix it. i tried adding a new cursor with Talk to label as id 1. but no luck, it only shows a deprecated outline of the texture with no image..

Comments

• The cursor's set in the Manager correctly, but what do you mean by "deprecated outline of the texture with no image"?  An image showing what it looks like in-game would help understand the problem.  Have you set the source image graphic's Texture type to Cursor in it's Inspector?
  • edited October 2016
    ok, i reimpoted it and it seems to work, i just had the interaction as Use instead of Talk to.

Also the speech color and avatar dont apply to the speech dialog option. or conversation with the character wizard. 
    I guess if it helps the npc script is the parent node component.
  • edited October 2016
    is this a bug?
    the color of the text is wrong.
    imageimage
  • You've assigned a speech text colour to the character, but you also have to allow that colour to display in your UI.

You have to open your Subtitles menu, select the SubsLineLabel element (which displays the subtitle text), and check Use Character text colour?.
  • i dont see that my subtitle menu
  • do you mean set a tag label for each dialog?
  • No - that is your Speech Manager.  The Menu Manager can be accessed via the "Menu" tab at the top, and then selecting "Subtitles" from the list of available Menus.

If you are just getting started with AC, I recommend going through the 2D tutorial, which covers the basics including how to change the appearance of subtitles.
  • i see the texture element in the demo but it os not working for my conversations. i would like to add an element to the dialog for an image of the npc and player.
  • As in a portrait graphic?  A tutorial on this subject can be found here.