Forum rules - please read before posting.

Iclone char with animation

Just wondering if you can use Iclone chars with their animations?
Thanks John

Comments

• I haven't used iclone myself, but if you can import them in as standard Mecanim animations I don't see why not.
  • edited September 2016
    I also, once thought of using Iclone, poser or Daz to get characters (I do more anime and cartoon style so I kind of left the idea behind, though). But yes, you can do it. In my case I wanted to use Daz characters, get them to Iclone, animate them, then export them to Unity. The process was a little bumpy but worked (I wanted to use Daz characters, because if you have done your homework, you'll know, heh, Daz character's look and work the best -but the editor sucks-, Poser has the best interface -but poor or simpler characters than Daz- and Iclone has the best animation tools of the lot). Though, I do see Iclone has added specifically game development oriented stuff now and it looks quite good (you'll need the character creator add on). 

But if you don't want to use their new solutions alone there's several videos on the net which show how to export character model's to Unity. Optionally you could get the character's elsewhere and animate them in Iclone to then get the animations to unity (which was the most important to me at the time). 

The only thing to watch out for is to make sure your models have the poly count or triangle count appropriate for a video game. Most characters should range from 5k to 30k polys depending on your target platform (unfortunately, regular Daz,Poser and Iclone characters range in the 100k/200k+ so they need to be decimated and optimized. But that might not be a problem for their new line of models intended for game development).

As an alternative you could try this unity assets out: MCS Male Lite, MCS Female Lite. They have the same idea in mind, in which they let you morph and customize the characters and they are pretty good quality too. If you like them you can get the pro versions which offer more options. but if you already own Iclone it would be fine to just stick with that (or use the lite versions along the Iclone stuff, heh)