Forum rules - please read before posting.

Scene change and Player Start markers misbehavin

OK I was just re/visiting a long forgotton part of my game, and found something that Im sure was working before...

So I have an Exterior Scene with a building in it. You clikd front door, and we swicth scene to interior scene. Engine>Change scene.
In this scene we start on a Player Start marker.. and explore.. eventually we discover the back door, and exit. (OK.. to be honest I dont have the user click this time, and swap to new scene automatically via a trigger area) Anyway, they re-appear in the Exterior Scene (we load that scene) and this time, they appear at a location markwed by a player start marked as From ThatBuilding.. so far so good...
But now... if we RE ENTER from that door.. we do NOT appear at the back door (but inside) but as if we just came thru teh front door.
Now, this makes perfect sense, except that.. Im pretty certain that Adventure Creator did some magic before, that was very impressed with... 

Whats happened here, or am I dreaming, and OF COURSE I have to start setting variables which door they are entering from in one scene and picks the right player start??? Its just I thought this happened automatically before..

Mark

Comments

• A PlayerStart can be tied to a "previous scene" so that the player starts there if they came from a specific scene, but if the previous scene has two different ways into the same new scene you'll need to use variables to determine which one to enter.  That's always been the case.
  • >That's always been the case.
    Are you sure? Hurumph.. course I dont know how it would work without variables.. magic?

So you are gonna have to help me out here, I have made a variable (popup type.. I like writing real names of things) wit NULL FRONT and BACK..
    This variable is set at all the same places that do a scene change. BACK means he left by back door, I also set the same value if you enter from the exterior scene VIA te back door.

But then.-.- first thing in new scene.. (Do I use a SCENE-SETUP Cut scene?) How do I point the player spawn to a specific player start? 

• In your scene's OnStart Cutscene, make a Variable: Pop Up switch Action.  You'll then be able to re-wire the sequence to the correct Object: Teleport and Camera: Switch Actions accordingly.
  • My player doesn't start on the Player Start when entering certain scenes. He will appear outside of the interior of the house and fall forever. I have the scenes in the build also. Not sure what I'm doing wrong?

• edited September 2020

What's your AC version, @RPGamer101?

Hard to say without knowing more. If the PlayerStarts are correctly set up, it could be that the Physics system is moving him if he's colliding with Colliders. Best to share some screenshots that show the issue.

How many PlayerStarts are in the scene, and does this occur when starting the game from this scene?

Try pausing the game as soon as you switch to this scene and he's in the wrong place. What is the Player's position set to in the Transform? Are they at the same position as the previous scene?