Forum rules - please read before posting.

Journal: remove first page

Hi,

I have followed the tutorial to create a journal on the AC page and it works like a charm.
Now what I would like to do is to create an empty journal without any pages.
since I do not know what the first entry will be and that the journal will only be created at a later time ideally the journal should be empty at the beginning with no entries at all.

As it doesn't seem to be possible to create an empty journal and the first page is always present I figured I would create a journal menu with first temporary page and that I could replace it with another journal page  at a later time when I need it.

The problem is I cannot seem to be able to remove this first temporary page.
I have tried removing the first page using various indexes: -1, 0, 1.

When the first page is the only page in the journal, index -1 throws an exception
When there are 2 pages present in the journal, using indexes -1, 0 ,1 either removes the last page or throws an exception as well
the first page cannot simply be removed...

Is there a way to do it? thanks!

Comments

• I've managed to recreate the exception error, and will look to fix it as part of the next release - thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Journal's are intended to always have at least one page.  I will see if that can be ameneded, but an alternative approach (pending the above fix) would be to simply hide the element until you're ready to show it.  If you're unsure which page will be added first, you could have a "dummy" first page which is removed immediately after the second is added, but before the element itself is visible.
  • edited September 2016
    Thank's !

I already tried to do what you suggest and remove the dummy page (I guess it's the page at index 0) after adding the correct one, but I can't seem to be able to do it. The dummy page always stays no matter what. the RemovePage command doesn't seem to affect it.

• Try it with AC v1.54.