Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can not Run Adventure Maker

Did all the basics, including Layers and Input setup.  Adventure Maker does not have a menu tab in my 5.3 to load the managers, so I cant run demos.

Any Ideas

Comments

• Are you sure you imported "Adventure Creator" right? It doesn't sound like it's compiled. Make sure the Adventure creator folder is in the root of you Asset folder. If you move it for some reason it won't work. If it's necessary start a new project and import it again (it does sound like you've just unpacked it for the first time?)
  • Check the Console for errors - is anything shown there?  If Unity has an issue with something, it won't show any third-party asset menus until they've been resolved.
  • I created a new project and verified that Adventure Creator was in the asset folder.  The console errors I am receiving is as follows:

Yellow Color Error in Console:
    Lightmap snapshot 'LightmapSnapshot" is inconsistent - 6 files out of 24 are missing.  Realtime GI will be disabled.  Please rebuild lighting for this scene.  (I have pressed build, error still exists)

Red Color Error in Console:
    Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/SaveSystem.cs(49,25): error CS0103: The name 'saveDirectory' does not exist in the current context.

I opened the Basement scene and having these troubles.

Thanks
  • On what platform are you working on, and what platform are you targetting in your Unity Build settings?

Be sure to use the very latest version, v1.53d - it looks like you are using an old version that may not be compatible with the version of Unity you're using.  Which one do you have installed?  You can find out by opening the Manual in the root AdventureCreator directory - it's written on the front page.