Forum rules - please read before posting.

Action to transform a camera?

Hi,

I am using a camera that follows the player with a spin movement.

The thing is, when the scene loads, depending on where the player appears the camera has to spin to find him which looks weird.

Is it possible to apply a transform on a camera from a AC action? So far I am using different cameras to simulate the same outcome but it's a bit hacky.

Thanks!

Comments

• Managed to achieve this with a custom action.

I think it would be beneficial to have this in core but in case anyone needs this just pm me, I don't think this has a code format.

Cheers,

• edited September 2016
    Hey, if you can just post it in the wikia. I would love to take a look at the code later. Also, everyone will benefit from the script that way. :)
  • If you're looking for a more traditional camera type that follows the player, have you tried using the GameCamera Third Person prefab?
  • edited September 2016
    Umm, when you mentioned spin I thought it meant about doing custom orbiting around while moving, but maybe what you mean is, you need a third person follow cam? If it's like that then Chris is right, you should just check out the AC third person camera.