Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu elements disabled after reloading scene [ERROR]

I'm getting these 2 errors:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEngine.UI.Selectable.set_interactable (Boolean value) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Selectable.cs:88)
AC.MenuElement.SetUISlotsInteractableState (AC.UISlot[] uiSlots, Boolean state) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuElement.cs:1009)
AC.MenuInventoryBox.SetUIInteractableState (Boolean state) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuInventoryBox.cs:322)
AC.Menu.SetUIInteractableState (Boolean state) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/Menu.cs:482)
AC.Menu.MakeUIInteractive () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/Menu.cs:460)
AC.PlayerMenus.MakeUIInteractive () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:2149)
AC.StateHandler.Update () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:385)

//////////////////////////////////////

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEngine.UI.Selectable.set_interactable (Boolean value) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Selectable.cs:88)
AC.MenuButton.SetUIInteractableState (Boolean state) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/MenuButton.cs:241)
AC.Menu.SetUIInteractableState (Boolean state) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/Menu.cs:482)
AC.Menu.MakeUIInteractive () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/Menu.cs:460)
AC.PlayerMenus.MakeUIInteractive () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:2149)
AC.StateHandler.Update () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:385)

///////////////////////////////////

This is the situation:

I have made a Title Screen menu with Unity and Canvas and set it up the way the tutorials on the AC website says.  It all works how it should.  The 2 errors above occur when I continue the game from an Auto-Save file and then quit out to the main menu once I'm able to while playing the game again.  When I get back to the Title Screen menu all the buttons are in a 'Disabled' state, they are there, but cannot be clicked.

The Action List that I have when returning to the Title Screen from the game is 3 nodes.  The first locks the Pause menu, the second unlocks the Title Screen menu, and the third one changes the scene to the Title Screen scene.  I've tried not unlocking the Title Screen menu before changing scenes and had it unlock OnStart of the new scene, but the error still occurs.

The designer did not want to have save files, only autosave files, so there is only a max of 2 save files (having a max of 1, made it so that we couldn't save manually in the actionlists).

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• If the buttons are in the 'disabled' state, that could be because there is a Cutscene still running that's blocking gameplay.  At the bottom of the Settings Manager, check List active ActionLists in Game window? to see if that's true.

Also be sure to make use of the latest version of AC - the line numbers you've posted don't match up with the current release, and we'll need to know the correct lines in order to know specifically what's happening.  If the latest release don't solve the issue, please re-post the errors with new line numbers so that we can help further.