Forum rules - please read before posting.

Breaking news : An Ambiguous reference causes major Class conflict !

I thought I’d write this one up:

Scenario:

My game involves answering questions -
I have a countdown timer ‘Canvas’ controlled outside AC – But ‘one’ of the options (when the timer finishes) is to go to the “Review” inside the scene  – and involves a scripted call to an AC ActionList. Others involve using Unity (5) SceneManagement to swap scenes..

So I needed the AC Namespace for my AC interaction option.

using  UnityEngine.SceneManagement;
using  AC;

Then throws the error :
 CS0104: `SceneManager' is an ambiguous reference between `UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager' and `AC.SceneManager'

So , A Class conflict… (more like a bit of a low-key barney actually!)

So the solution appears to be aliasing …..
giving a usage(Précis) example:

using UESM = UnityEngine.SceneManagement;
using myAC = AC;

private myAC.ActionListAsset ReviewActionList;

case 4:
ReviewActionList = (myAC.ActionListAsset)Resources.Load("Review_AL") as myAC.ActionListAsset;
myAC.AdvGame.RunActionListAsset (ReviewActionList);
break;
case 5:
UESM.SceneManager.LoadScene (mySceneCount-1);
break;

Now – I searched for the unity error on Google & the forum – and got zero results : so it may be that nobody (AC wise) has created the same usage scenario type as I have  : or that I am just such a C# ignoramus that people out there are saying “didn’t you know that!”

So here it is for other C# ignoramuses like me...

If anybody has a better way  (other than suggesting I built my game differently : remember this is only a Précis..) I would love to learn :-)

Comments

• Thanks for posting.  Don't know of a better way myself - that's what AC does as well.