Forum rules - please read before posting.

Dialogue playing causes mecanim animator values to freeze until dialogue is over

I've hit an odd issue that I can't seem to resolve which causes the sprite to continue animating if initiating a hotspot interaction whilst still moving.

If I'm hitting a hotspot that launches a dialogue, and the mecanim float value for speed isn't 0 at the time it initiates, the character movement animation (sprite) will continue to play until the dialogue has timed out and disappeared.

If I'm looking at the animator when reproducing this issue, I can see that all values are frozen until the dialogue is over.

I've tried to remedy this by adding a bool value to monitor if character is talking and setting this as a condition to stop animation, but this doesn't solve the problem either as this value too will be frozen until the dialogue is over.

Have also tried to trigger a custom object animation via action lists to set the float value of speed to 0.0 when triggering the hotspot but this doesn't seem to have any affect either.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

Comments

• edited August 2016
    You're using Sprites Unity Complex as your animation engine, I take it?  Please post a shot of the Hotspot's Inspector, and that of the Interaction that it runs.
  • edited August 2016
    Hi Chris!

Sure thing see below, and yes, I'm using Sprites Unity Complex:

Hotspot's Inspector:

The action list that is launched when interacting with said hotspot:

Let me know if you need anything further.

Also, let me take this opportunity to say how incredibly impressed I am with both AC as a whole, and the support you're providing on these forums!
  • You're very welcome!  Thanks for the info - that should be enough, but I'll shout if I need anything else.