Forum rules - please read before posting.

UFPS Character Won't Jump

mdkmdk
edited July 2014 in Technical Q&A
Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem getting the UFPS character to jump in AC?

I'm using the UFPS Camera&Controller prefab. It jumps just fine in a clean project, but once I import AC, set up the environment and adapt the UFPS character as per the integration instructions, everything works, but the jump function. All I get is an AC warning in the console saying the player can't jump because it has no rigidbody (UFPS character has a character controller).

Seems to me that AC has taken control of the Jump Axis at the exclusion of UFPS. I've tried un-setting the Jump axis, but UFPS needs it for its Jump functionality.

Have you had a similar experience?

Comments

• Try this prefab, which is the one I used to test when developing.

So long as you've set the Movement Method to Ultimate FPS, it should work just fine.  The Jump axis won't conflict - you may get warning messages but you can safely ignore them.
  • Thanks, Chris. I'll give it a try.

Cheers
  • I'm having trouble with this too, and the prefab the AC dev has posted doesn't seem to solve the problem for me.

I can't get my AC/UFPS character to jump or crouch or run, and this is frustrating!
  • I had the same problems, but they were solved when I updated both AdventureCreator and UFPS to their newest versions.

Check out my second comment in this thread to see the steps I did to get it working. It did gave me camera jitter issues tho, but thanks to Chris, I solved them in the same thread ;)