Forum rules - please read before posting.

(Bug) Remember material doesn't work

edited August 2016 in Technical Q&A
Remember material does not work. If I use an action to change an object's material, then save the game, then quit and reload that saved game, the materiel reverts to its original. I've tested this on the Basement scene in the demo, with "Always reload scene when loading a save file" both on and off - same results either way.

I'm using AC 1.51g and cannot upgrade to the latest version until this project is complete (another two months at least). But I've checked the release notes on the later AC updates and it doesn't look like this issue comes up.

I can work around this if I absolutely must, but I use material changes quite a lot in my game - having this script functional would be hugely beneficial.

Any help would be appreciated!

Oh, and I've tested this both in exported builds and in-editor. Same results. Using Unity 5.2.4f1.

Comments

• Have you placed the materials in a Resources folder and given them unique filenames?  That's covered in Section 9.2 of the Manual.
  • Oooooh, no I sure haven't. Doh! Thanks Chris :3