Forum rules - please read before posting.

Saving data in the project

edited July 2016 in Technical Q&A
Not sure how to word this one, kinda abstract, heh!

Is it possible to save extra script information into the project?  In much the same fashion the Music Manager saves it's tracks to the Music Engine in the Settings Manager, am I able to create my own data to store in the project?

Say I wanted to make a group of data in a script (not variables), and wanted to keep track of it internally? Kinda like creating another Settings option set or something?

Kind of like creating my own engine for the state handler or things...

Thanks!

Comments

• Do you mean at runtime, or while editing?

If at runtime, there is a tutorial for saving global data here.  If while editing, you should just create a new asset file type and store your data in a new asset.  AC's Managers are all ScriptableObjects - have a look on the Unity forums for info about how to convert ScriptableObjects into prefabs/assets.  Once you have an asset file that stores your data, you can reference it through your own scripts.
  • Sorry, yeah I meant in the Editor, not at Runtime.

Thought as much, about the prefab for loading. I saw you kinda did that as well but I just wanted to make sure before I went too deep.

Thank you!