Forum rules - please read before posting.

Creating new scene with unprompted dialog

Hello,

I am very new to unity, game design, and this asset package, but I am enjoying learning the process. I have a question on dialog and conversations. I have watched the 2D game tutorial multiple times, but I'm a bit confused.

I am trying to start a scene off with an unprompted conversation where the user is asked a question and then has to answer. It is my understanding that the player has to initiate conversations with other sprites, but I could be wrong...

Does anyone know how to do this, or if I at least am thinking of this correctly? Again, very new.

Thanks!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @combegame.

For a more in-depth tutorial on Conversations, see here.

So far as the internals of AC go, a Conversation is just a visual prompt for the user to choose from various options.  It doesn't technically have anything to do with dialogue, it's just that that's the most common use for it in adventure games.

A Conversation will be initiated whenever you use the Dialogue: Start Conversation Action.  You do not need to have any characters involved, and can run this in the "On Start" Cutscene listed at the top of the Scene Manager.