Forum rules - please read before posting.

difficulties with 2.5d background images

I have followed your 2.5 d tutorial but when I want to insert my own images I have plenty of problems in alligning the plane  with the image and the camera. Is there anywhere else that gives a tutorial on the PROCEDURE to align image to the 3d plane  and camera? 

Comments

• The 2.5D tutorial relies on photographs rather then pre-rendered backgrounds, and so a bit of eyeballing is unfortunately necessary for it.  Getting a perfect alignment is a general problem when it comes to 2.5D games and not one specific to AC.

In order to perfectly-align a background with the camera / ground plane, you really need camera data about the image itself (position, rotation, FOV etc).  You may be able to extract part of this this information from the image's metadata, or write it down when taking the image.

However the majority of 2.5D games rely on pre-rendered backgrounds, in which you have access to the camera data within the external 3D tool.  You can transfer the data from there into Unity in order to get an accurate effect.
  • Indeed it's too complicated.... for me and I don't really need it, but hey!, thanks