Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu buttons onRelease/touchRelease?

I'm having an issue with my game that menu buttons are hit/activated the moment they are clicked or touched, not when the mousebutton is released or the finger is released. (My game is touch controlled, iOS version). This causes the pause menu to show whenever you load a saved game, it seems the game saves before the pause menu has a chance to disappear. It also makes saving over the wrong game a possibility, as you have no chance to move your finger as soon as you tap the save game button.

I'll see if I can create a video of how it appears, and maybe anyone has some advice for how to fix this.

Comments

• Here is a video showing how I save a game in the first slot and loads it again. Notice when I tap Load it instantly opens the Load menu and almost selects game save number 3, this happens if you tap too slowly). When I tap load, the game menu is still visible, almost faded out.

• The SaveList Menu provides you with an ActionList to run once a game has been loaded - you can use this to turn on/off any Menus as required.

Which version of AC are you using, and are you relying on Unity UI Menus or AC ones?
  • edited July 2016
    I'm using AC menus. 

Edit: I realised I'm already using an actionlist that runs on load, so that might be the culprit.

But is there a way to change an event from onTouch to onRelease (I'm making these terms up). It would provide a better user experience when selecting stuff and pressing buttons. Like on most operating systems things activate when you release the mouse button or finger.
  • The setting of the "click state" occurs in PlayerInput from around line 373.  It should be possible to tweak it so that "onRelease" count as clicks when the game is paused, as opposed to "onTouch".  I'll consider looking into that as an option - but again, it would only be available when the game is paused.
  • Thanks Chris, I'll have a look in PlayerInput. And great work on the latest updates of AC, I'm hoping to finish my game in a month or two :)