Forum rules - please read before posting.

Start Menu

Hi,
i need to create a scene with a start menu (Start, Load, Options, Quit). What is the best way to do it in AC? i tried to create a new scene and select "organize with room objects" but this load me the PlayerStart and the relative Player sprite. What i have to do to load only the menu system of AC in a scene (without player, navigation etc). 

Thanks

Comments

• edited July 2016
    Good question... I guess you could try using engine: manage systems, but I'm not sure if there's a better way... I've been working on the contents of my current project, so I haven't put much though into the start screen yet. But, last time I needed to make a start screen, I ended up creating an invisible player (a cube without mesh renderer) and then locked its movement completely, mind you, that was ages ago relative to AC versions, so I don't know if there's a better way to avoid all the error messages that come up.

It would be nice, if there was a mode for start screens only. Although, supposedly you can use AC without characters, but, I've yet to see a tutorial that explains how... as far as I remember, if you don't set a player you get a lot of warnings or error messages. it would be nice to know how that's supposed to work.
  • Yes - use the Engine: Manage systems Action to disable Movement and Interactions.  Place the PlayerStart out of the view of the camera, and use the Action again to re-enable the systems once you click Start.
  • Thank you, i will try this. 
  • I moved the playerstart to way off screen, with a very small navmesh around him (so no errors occured), then its just a case of changing the original menus. This is for 2d.

What i did for 3d was the same thing, move player out of the way, and then do the manage systems as discussed above. Then switched to another cam on start from my FPS view.