Forum rules - please read before posting.

Prerendered videos

I have been looking for something like this for awhile and this editor seems great since I'm not a programmer. But before I buy this I got a question, would it be possible to play a prerendered video in front of the camera. So the character stands still on one spot and is able to face four directions and interact with invisible objects that appears in front of the camera depending on what video has just been played. It's a bit hard to explain but I'm sure some of you get it, like myst but with prerendered videos being played even between the views. Just want to check if something like this is possible before I throw my money at this, thanks.

Comments

• Welcome to the forum, @Haugkall.  Another Myst-inspired game is in development using AC here, if you would like to pick the author's brains.

Yes, there are a couple of ways to do this:
    1. AC allows for the playback of movie files with the Engine: Play movie clip Action.  On desktop platforms, you have an additional option to play a movie file as a texture - meaning you can have a movie play on a square plane and position it in front of both the camera and the player.
    2. If you imported each frame of the sequence as a separate image file into Unity, you could combine them into a single animated sprite within Unity (using Unity's built-in animation tools).  This might give way to larger file-sizes, but may be more flexible if you want to easily transition from one animation to another