Forum rules - please read before posting.

I don't understand how to Save and Load...

The game I am making now is a test game and very simple. I have 3 scenes: a title screen, a Scene1 and a Scene2. The title screen has two buttons: begin a new game, and load the autosave. 

Scene1 consists of only 1 OnStart cutscene, in which the player speaks, is asked a question, chooses an option and obtains a reply. After said reply, the cutscene is set to change the scene to Scene2, in which an identical cutscene occurs (minus the switch scene action at the end). 

My plan was to check "auto-save after" in both cutscenes, so that if I close the game and open it again, I can click the "continue" button on the main menu in the title screen and it will load the autosave. However, I can't get it to work! 

When I click my "continue" button, I am taken to the right scene where I left off but the OnStart cutscene won't play. How can I make it so that clicking the "continue" button will take me to the right scene and play it from the start? The only thing I need the autosave to remember is which scene the game was closed at, and the state of the global variables. 

I've also tried doing the same with an "OnLoad" cutscene, but it will cause the same problem. 

Comments

• Upon loading, all gameplay-blocking ActionLists will cease, and must be called manually - this is why the OnLoad cutscene field is necessary.

Check that the OnLoad field is working by creating a test Cutscene that just has the player say "The game has loaded" or something, and assign it as the OnLoad cutscene.  If that runs correctly, you can then have it run the scene from the start.  It may be that you can the OnStart Cutscene at this point, or you may have to use the Engine: End game Action to reset the scene - it depends on how your scene behaves.