Forum rules - please read before posting.

Toggle on/off camera component

Hi,

Is it possible to turn on and off specific camera components through AC? I have a bloom filter on the MainCamera and want to turn it off when switching to a particular GameCamera, then have it turn back on when going to another. Would this require a custom script?

Thanks,
Jason

Comments

• It would - a custom Action would be best, as you can then trigger it as part of a larger ActionList.

AC's MainCamera component can be accessed with:

AC.KickStarter.mainCamera;
  • Thanks for the reply, Chris. I'm new to writing scripts so I'm a little lost here. I took a look at the custom Action link you posted and went through the "Change gravity" example, but am still struggling to figure out where to go from there.

Where do I put AC.KickStarter.mainCamera; in the ActionTemplate? 

Any help you could give would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jason
  • It'll go in the Run() function - this is what gets called when the Action is actually triggered.

But the code I posted was just the API reference to the MainCamera - not the complete code you'd actually run.  This isn't a coding forum, but to disable a component named e.g. "BloomFilter", you'd want to run:
    AC.KickStarter.mainCamera.GetComponent ().enabled = false;
    (Or "true", if you want to enable it.)
  • Thanks, Chris! Will try that out.

-Jason
  • If you find you're struggling you could always use zone controller. Should have no problem running with AC.
  • Deckard_89, that plugin is amazing! Looks perfect for what I need. Thanks!