Forum rules - please read before posting.

Adventure Creator and RT-Voice..

Hey there! :)

I was excited to see today that the RT-Voice addon now also interplays with AC! The basics work fine so far, however i noticed two problems.

1. When you attach the RTVoice Connector to a scene where a character has some lines voiced, and some un-voiced, RT Voice will play on top of the pre-recorded voices. Does AC have some way of turning the RTVoice off when files exist?

2. Secondly, in cases where there are NO pre-recorded lines, RTVoice works rather well, however the speech lines won't disappear automatically when the character spoke, but have to be skipped with a mouse-click.

I'm not entirely sure those issues are on AC's part or RTVoice..Or the interplay of both..

Comments

• I'm afraid they're on the RT-Voice side of things - the integration was written by the other asset's creator, not by myself.  I shall contact him to make him aware of these shortcomings.
  • After i have had a little conversation with the creator of RTV, the issue of the double-voiced lines is now fixed! :)

He also fixed the asset so now the speech boxes ARE going away, but have a heavy delay in some cases. For example, a simple line saying "I can't just take this item" has, after RTV read the line, about 10secs of delay before the textbox goes away by itself. He told me that this is most likely an AC issue.
  • edited July 2016
    It's not an AC issue.

The integration does not synchronise the timings of RT-Voice and AC.  Depending on settings, it may be that RT-Voice "finishes" the line first, while sometimes AC will finish first.  If the first happens, then one solution would be to trigger the "SkipSpeech" input after RT-Voice finishes:

KickStarter.playerInput.SimulateInputButton ("SkipSpeech");