Forum rules - please read before posting.

NavMeshSegment with custom Mesh for Terrain Question

edited July 2016 in Technical Q&A
Hello!

I'm having a small issue with Unity Navigation and a NavMeshSegment. In the video, you can see I click to a location and then my Player doesn't get to the destination. It shows that it knows what the path is, and what is the destination, but it won't go there. 

To build this collider, I used a script called NavMesh to Mesh ( which is freaking awesome! ) that turns your baked NavMesh into an OBJ that allows you to use that as the collider ( and mesh if you so want to)

If I select the Player, and turn on Is Kinematic, problem solved! But now it won't follow the terrain collider nor the NavMeshSegment collider (which is the same collider). The player will clip through the terrain. Since the terrain is built with a slight slope, this is rather important for the game.

I'm quite sure it has to do with a Player setting or a Movement Settings but I'm not sure what I'm overlooking.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Using Unity Pro 5.3.4f1, AC 1.52, Windows 10

Comments

• edited July 2016
    From the looks of it, I'd guess that you have an invisible collider somewhere that's blocking movement - the blue path line generates OK.  Checking Is Kinematic would have the shown effect if that were the case.

However, making use of a Mesh Collider component for your NavMesh requires that your scene's Pathfinding method be set to Mesh Collider, not Unity Navigation - and you'll need the NavigationMesh component rather than the NavMeshSegment on it.  Have a look at the 3D Demo scene, which uses the same method.
  • Chris / All:

The answer was "invisible collider". And I will also make the changes to the NavMeshSegment from Unity to Mesh Collider.

Thanks!