Forum rules - please read before posting.

moltiple players and player settings ?

Is it pasible to have like 7 or more players?, each one with difrent settings, input, views, interactions.... like if you wanna have a normal humenoid character, but he can tern into another animal? changing the control method, apirence, and evry thing??

Comments

• You can switch player prefab mid-game by assigning them in the Settings Manager and using the Player: Switch Action when you want the player to change.

If you want to change your UI, you can create alternative Menus to use in the Menu Manager, and lock/unlock them as needed using the Menu: Change state Action.

Changing settings in your Managers is a little bit tricky.  You can change any setting in the Managers at runtime, but only through script - so you'll have to know a bit of C# to do this.  Right-clicking the label of any field in a Manager will show you its API reference, which you can copy to more quickly manipulate it in a script.

For example, lets say you wanted to change the Movement method (actually, this can be changed in the Engine: Manage systems Action, but this example still applies to other settings).  Right-click on the label in the Settings Manager and you'll see the following appear:

AC.KickStarter.settingsManager.movementMethod

You can search for this variable in the scripting guide - search for "movementmethod" in the corner and you'll get this page.  Here, you'll find the various values you can give it.  So, in a script function, you can change the movement method to Direct with:

AC.KickStarter.settingsManager.movementMethod = MovementMethod.Direct;

Place this in a function in a new C# script, attach the script to an object in your scene, and you can then call it from an ActionList by using the Object: Call event Action.
  • thanks!
    fortunetly, i am a C# programer.
    Your AC is amazing! just started working with it.... i belive you saved me like 90% of the job :)
  • Glad to hear it, and welcome to the forum!