Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hot spots stopped working

So, I updated my adventure creator, but now a lot of the stuff in my game has stopped working and I am not sure why.

The first one is that my hotspots and menus. When I click on them, the cursor changes to the "interact cursor" and stays that way forever. Once this happens I can't interact with anything else in the scene. That includes my character walking.

ChrisIceBox suggested debugging the game by clicking List Active Actions List. That doesn't seem to give me much information, though.

Here is a video of the problem. The List Active List on. It's on the top left. In the video I am clicking the screen a million times.There isn't any sound because I have a Mac.

https://youtu.be/h_QWrif6Qp0

Here is a screenshot of my settings manager:

If you guys need any other information let me know. And thank you for your patience. Learning this is like learning a new language. I might ask some obtuse questions, so I apologize for that ahead of time. :)

Comments

• The asset you've shown is the Demo_SettingsManager, not your own.  This asset file, together with all the Demo's Managers, get updated when you import a new version of AC.

For this reason, you have to make sure you create your own set of Managers for your game, and work with them instead.  These can be created for you automatically when you use the New Game Wizard, available in the top toolbar.  See Sections 1.3 and 1.6 of the Manual for steps on how to set up a game, and import updates.
  • Hmmmm, it still doesn't work. The packaged was assigned properly, but the hotspots are still doing the exact same thing. The cursor changes, gets stuck, and then I can't move the character. It happens whenever I hover over the hotspot, too. I don't even have to click on it.

I would take a video, but it's exactly the same. The only difference is that it no longer says "Leave Scene", but that's because of the update.
  • What does your assigned Settings Manager look like now?  Before you only showed the Demo one, but you should now have your own.
  • edited July 2016
    I updated the Setting Manager so it's no longer the Demo one.

Still doesn't work. I thought maybe it was the nav mesh or game camera, but those look fine.

• Make sure all your Managers are assigned, not just your Settings - again, this can be done in bulk by double-clicking your ManagerPackage asset.

Back to the video: does the issue occur once you've clicked on the Hotspot, or as soon as you hover over it?  If when clicked, what is in the Interaction that it runs?  Does the problem cease if you unset this Interaction from the Hotspot's Inspector?  Does it only occur with this Hotspot, or all Hotspots?

If things still aren't clear, create a .unitypackage file (Assets -> Export package) of your Managers, your Scene file, and the Scene's subfolder if it has one - no graphics - PM it to me, and I shall take a look at it for you.