Forum rules - please read before posting.

Trigger Cutscene

I'm having some issues triggering a cutscene from a trigger. Basically I want to enter a trigger, pause gameplay then play a cutscene.

However i'm having issues. When I enter the trigger with Pause Gameplay on the menu, i'm still able to move. 

Comments

• Ignore the first post. I've solved my problem. 

The issue I'm having now is with camera. I'm using opsive Third person controller and camera script with AC. I make the camera my main camera and add your main camera script, it works fine. However when I cut to another camera for a cutscene or something, I can't switch back to the main camera as i'm not able to add it. 

When I try to add the basic camera script, the camera component turns off the moment I start the game.
  • Ignore the first post. I've solved my problem. 

The issue I'm having now is with camera. I'm using opsive Third person controller and camera script with AC. I make the camera my main camera and add your main camera script, it works fine. However when I cut to another camera for a cutscene or something, I can't switch back to the main camera as i'm not able to add it. 

When I try to add the basic camera script, the camera component turns off the moment I start the game.
  • Do not add the MainCamera script manually to your own camera.  Instead, allow AC to use it's own MainCamera prefab.  As explained in Section 4.1 of the Manual, AC's MainCamera attaches itself onto whichever other Camera you make active.

Remove the MainCamera component and add the MainCamera prefab in from /Assets/AdventureCreator/Prefabs/Automatic/MainCamera.  Then attach the _Camera component to your custom camera (Section 4.6 of the Manual), and it will be visible to AC's Actions as well as the "Default Camera" field in the Scene Manager.
  • I've done that. However when I add the basic camera script, it turns off the camera component on the custom camera the moment I start. 
  • After some more testing. I followed your instructions and when I press play, I noticed both the Adventure Controller Bridge and Controller handler are turned off when the basic camera script is attached to the camera. The character doesn't even animate.

When I take off the basic camera script, it seems to work fine. 
  • Ok, after more testing. I used the first person camera script instead of the basic camera script and it seems to be working now.