Forum rules - please read before posting.

Interaction through script - translations?

Hey,

I stumbled upon the "Writing an interaction through script" tutorial (http://www.adventurecreator.org/tutorials/writing-interaction-through-script) which is a great alternative to visual scripting because I feel it's easier to write long and complex interactions.

However, unfortunately, the lines I write using commands like
KickStarter.dialog.StartDialog (KickStarter.player, "I have ... the power!", true, 9);
are not being gathered by the speech manager and thus can't be translated. Also, voice over and maybe lipsync wouldn't work probably.

Can I script spoken lines and have them translated & voiced & lipsynced like when writing them in the visual editor? That would be great!

Thanks,
Marcus

Comments

• No.  You can, however, create an ActionList asset that contains all your Dialogue: Play speech Actions, and call that through script whenever you need to play some speech (using this function).

This asset can then be included in the Speech Manager by creating a Cutscene somewhere that uses the ActionList: Run Action to run this asset.  Even if the Cutscene itself is not used in your game, the Speech Manager will detect it when gathering text, and thus process the speech Actions.