Forum rules - please read before posting.

Lost Default Camera option

HI,

I seem to have lost the default camera option from my AC Scene settings. I have:

Pathfinding method
Default playerstart
Default sorting map
Default sound prefab

And that is it. I'm sure that the camera option used to be there and I've looked at tutorials that have it there.

I thought no problem, I'll get around it by switching to the camera I want in an action list when I start the scene but this doesn't seem to work in a build.

Any ideas?

Comments

• In fact my "on start" interactions aren't playing correctly at all, it is playing a much older cutscene from a different level. Is this because I'm loading the level during gameplay and should be using "on load"? Why would it use a different cutscene entirely, could it be something to do with naming?
  • Please post different problems in different threads, as it makes it difficult to respond to otherwise.

The Default Camera field won't appear unless you have a Default PlayerStart defined first.  If you've already defined one, try restarting Unity.

How are you loading the new level?  If you're switching scenes completely, the On Start Cutscene should play.  if you're adding the scene to the existing one, the On Start won't unless you explicity check Run 'Cutscene on start'? in the Scene: Add or remove Action.
  • Ah I did remove my player start, that'll be it.

As for the level, I am switching scenes completely. It works fine in the engine but when I build it is playing completely the wrong cutscene. 
  • Cutscene from where - the previous scene?  Post a shot of the ActionList where you change scene, as well as your "Scene loading" settings in the Settings Manager.

It seems to be different every time I do a build it is driving me crazy. Sometimes when I leave the build and go back to the editor the "play on start" cutscenes in the scene manager have changed. 
  • Please try not to get too frustrated with it - now you've reported the issue, we can look into it.

It isn't yet clear, however, if this is a Unity issue or an AC one.  What version of Unity are you using?
  • I'm using 5.3.4f1.

While trying to fix my other problem I updated AC and now everything seems to work fine. Well it was either that or the fact I started using that "Overlay current screen during switch" option. I'll let you know if it breaks again.