Forum rules - please read before posting.

Speeding up hotspot interactions?

edited June 2016 in Technical Q&A
Hi,

I'm using a hotspot and a "shoot" animation to simulate the player shooting something in the scene. The problem is that the character can be facing the wrong way and so there is often a large delay between him turning around and playing his shoot animation. I think the delay is caused by the need to turn as if he is facing the right way it is much faster. 

The hotspot is set to single use interaction with the player action "turn to face". 

Ideally I'd like the turn to face speed to be very fast, almost instant even better would be to turn while playing the anim. Is there a setting or something somewhere?

I'm aware this is probably using AC in a way it's not really designed for but I am not a programmer and so am trying to use AC in as many ways as possible.

Do you think there's any way I could achieve this?  

Comments

• Have you tried simply raising the Player's Turn speed?  Alternatively, you can use the Character: Face object Action as the first in the Interaction to make the player face the object instantly.
  • Once again Chris you are the man! Thanks.

It works beautifully now, if anyone else wants to do something like this:

I turned "player action" on the hotspot to "none" and added the "turn to face" in the action list after the shoot animation. Now as soon as you click the hotspot the character starts to turn while playing the animation :D