Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to skip a CinemaDirector Cutscene when triggered by a conversion?

u5.3.5,ac1.51g

the situation:
I have an AC.Cutscene (ActionList) that starts a conversation.
Each Dialoge Option triggers a different Director.Cutscene.
A friend tested my game and didn't like that he wasn't able to skip the director cutscenes.

how:
So I made a UI Button which calls the "Skip" Function of the AC.Action that triggers the Director cutscene in the dialogue option. (a global delegate reference to "Skip" is set when run)

the expected:
So the behaviour that would be nice is: the director cutscenes skips (works as expected) and return to the conversation. 

the problem:
It does return to the conversation after the full length of the cutscene because the wait until is checked --> returns the duration float.
if I uncheck the "wait until" then 0f is returned and the conversation appears although the cutscene is running (not desirable).

the question:
What could I do to make a director cutscene started by a conversation skippable, so that it returns immediately to the conversation, but also hides the conversation until the director.cutscene has finished when not skipped?

Before I create wild constructs and code with locking and unlocking menus i thought I better ask here this time :)

Comments

• You don't need to resort to calling the Action's Skip function directly (and that will cause problems if you do).  Instead you want to invoke the "EndCutscene" Input button.  I would recommend testing this out as an input key before making a UI button.  Once that's working, you can make your UI button's Click type (in the Menu Manager) Simulate Input so that you can simulate the pressing of the "EndCutscene" input.
  • Thank you. Works perfectly. Big thumb up!!!

I'll leave this screenshot for the AC community.