Forum rules - please read before posting.

Puzzle close up

Hello,

I would like to make a puzzle close up, so that the user when clicking an item (look at item) gets into a close up and could potentially also leave the close up at any time. 

What is the best way to approach this?

Comments

• edited June 2016
    Add movable component to your close up, add hotspot that covers outside area of your close up parent it all ,place it all outside of your screen.
     Call it when click/look at it with object: transform.
     When you press on that outside area hotspot or close button of your close up , use object: transform again to move it back outside of your screen.
  • I was thinking on a simple camera switch + player constraint actionList with a back button..

But you do have to manage that there are specific hotspots inside the "close up" that you should not see when you are not in this mode.

I am curious about that approach. When you mean outside of your screen..you mean still in the scene but just somewhere the player does not see it. and then you put it in sight..and take it back afterwards?
  • Yes your pop up close up should be in the same scene just outside of the camera view.
    3:40

• One way to achieve close-ups are covered in this part of the 3D tutorial.