Forum rules - please read before posting.

Apk Size

Hi,

The game which I am developing is for both mobile and PC. I am worried about the size of the Apk here. I tested a build apk which is 64 MB. And I just have the first level/ phase in my Adventure Game. So far my total assets folder size is 24 MB. I have only two characters and one set so far but I have more in the future levels.

If I have like 10 to 12 character in my adventure game, I am guessing it is going to be freakishly heavy in size. 

My Question is : Am I doing something really wrong or it is just normal or is it because of AC the size is big? 

Tips and discussion would be really helpful.

Thanks a lot guys.

Comments

• edited June 2016
    I was sort of wondering the same thing. My sister wants me to make a pets game for mobile as a side project, and I wondered if I could use AC, seeing how I already know how to use it. 

(And yes, I know it might be overkill for a pets game, but as I've stated elsewhere, I'm not an avid programmer, lol, and if possible I'd just rather stick to designing the gameplay/story/music). 
  • The overhead of AC itself should be quite small - at it's core it's just a series of scripts, after all.  There're also a lot of "base files" that are needed as a minumum for a Unity game, so doubling the number of e.g. characters or scenes isn't necessarily going to double the size.

Tips to reduce the APK of your game, regardless of whether you're using AC or not, can be found be searching the Unity forums.