Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problem moving with character Adventure Creator

Hello, I tell you my problem in detail and then leave a video where you see all that I have and what could possibly be causing the problem.

Until today I had that same scene but using a very old version of AC. That old version of AC made the PLAYER to move forward is tipped to the side (same when moving backward). This problem was not the 3D model I'm using nor of the scene itself, as it had already used before that version of AC in other projects and in them was exactly the same.
Already tired of looking for a solution to the problem, I decided to upgrade to the new version of AC, but it happens that this new version, the character does not move in any direction, nor run other animations other than IDLE. While with the old version of AC models they moved in a lopsided, but this simply is not moving. I nose if will cause that update the project with the new version of AC, but I can assure you that I had not changed any of the script of the old version of AC (much less modern), so it should not any problems have occurred to all scripts have overwritten the old version of AC.

As I said, here is a video showing the INPUT, all containing the character (which is 99% the same set as in the tutorial videos of AC 3D), among other things, and obviously a sample by pressing PLAY Unity , what happens while playing (every time I'm pressing the movement keys that come by default in AC).

PS: The warnings on console have no relationship, because I also appeared in the previous version of AC, and did not prevent the character not displace or reproduce other animations.

Well here I leave the video, I hope you can help me please.

Greetings.

Comments

• You've set your Movement method to Point and Click, but you'll need it set to Direct if you want to use the movement keys to control your Player.

If you still have a problem, it is not clear if this is due to the player prefab, or to your scene.  Try these two things:

1) Place the Demo game's Player, TinPot (in /Assets/AdventureCreator/Demo/Resources) into the scene to replace yours, and see if he works correctly
    2) Run the Demo game's scene, Basement, with your own player prefab, and see if he works correctly in there.
  • No movement of the mouse is the problem, as I press the mouse often and does not move.

I thought that might be the problem model, but with the previous version of AC if it worked, and yesterday also try to try another model and did not move. But probare with the robot that comes in AC, to review and tell him.
    Greetings and thanks for the reply.
  • It is not done multi-post, but I come to announce that the robot that comes with AC either move or with the keyboard keys or the mouse. I do not know that it can be the problem, you may need to send the entire project (one scene), to see if they can find the problem. I took several days trying to fix it, but no progress nor the least. The only thing I've noticed is that lately pressing arrows sideways movement, the camera automatically rotates.
    Hopefully I can help.
    Greetings.
  • I'm afraid I don't understand you're phrashing - are you saying that the robot character, Tin Pot, is working correctly?  If that is the case, then the issue is with your player prefab, and not with the project or scene.

What was the result of the second test I suggested - to use your own player prefab in the demo scene?

I would recommend removing non-AC components from your prefab while testing.  Once you have got the prefab moving, then you can begin to add the other components back on - this way, we can be sure the other components are not conflicting and causing the issue.
  • Robot character no moving.
  • And the result of the 2nd test?

Try using the Demo game's Settings Manager when running your scene.  If it doesn't work, it'll be a problem with your scene - most likely the NavMesh.  Check that it's aligned to face upward, and that it's placed on the NavMesh layer.
  • Hi, I've had some issues with that while learning to use AC. First, if you intend to use Unity navigation, I'd suggest making sure you have a baked Navmesh and have Unity navigation selected in the Scene Manager. Then as chris said, make sure you have the right type of movement control selected in the settings manager. Also, do try to take screenshots of your settings, it's a little annoying to have to hunt the right frames in a video to see them well. Also, you didn't show any of the important settings in the character prefab... Just in case you should o ahead a remake the player character prefab using the new wizard.Maybe something if the old prefab you had isn't working right anymore. Also, you have to make sure if your animation are using root motion or not and change the setting in the player prefab as appropriate.

You seem to know spanish, so I'll say it in spanish just in case:

Hola, como dije arriba, yo tuve algunos problemas con el
    movimiento del personaje cuando primero empecé a usar AC. Lo primero que te
    sugiero, es que si usas la navegación de unity. Es que te asegures de haber
    horneado el Navmesh y que en el Scene manager hallas seleccionado Unity
    navigation como el tipo de navegación para la escena. Luego asegúrate de tener seleccionado el
    tipo correcto de control en el settings manager, como dijo ChrisIceBox, para
    usar las teclas correctamente tienes que usar el tipo de control "Direct
    control". También te recomiendo tomar Screenshots de tu settings, cuando están
    en video uno se ve forzado a cazar un buen frame y poner pausa para tratar de
    ver bien... además no enseñaste casi nada de los settings en el prefab del
    personaje... 

También, solo por si acaso, deberías de rehacer el prefab del
    personaje usando el nuevo wizard que trae AC. Puede ser que algo en el viejo
    prefab ya no funcione correctamente. Otra cosa, también debes de asegurarte si
    tus animaciones usan root motion o no, luego debes cambiar el setting en el
    player prefab. Si tus animaciones no usan root motion y tú le has dicho que si
    lo usa, entonces el personaje tampoco avanzara.