Forum rules - please read before posting.

Animate Parameter not working

Hi Chris,

I know this is an issue with how I have configured the scene but I just can't find a solution for this.

Basically I have started to do characters with mechanim. As long as I use predefined actions like run, walk, talk everything is working fine.

But when I try to setup actions in my actionlist to trigger animations, it just doesn't work.

An example is a character running from A to B with action move to point. He gets there, talks then moves from B to C.

Between B and C I have a trigger Character Animate where I change the MoveSpeed value to 1 which should make the character switch to walking. I have tried with talking, etc and several values, but it seems changes I do to the parameters from AC are not working somehow.

Hope that makes sense..

Cheers,

Comments

• Once assigned in the NPC/Player Inspector, the MoveSpeed parameter will be completely controlled by the script, so you won't be able to change it.

If you're not using Root Motion, then changing the parameter will only affect the animation anyway - not the movement speed of the character itself.  In this case, you would have to create a second Path that has Walk or Run set to Walk, and have the character change to this path somewhere down the middle.

If you are using Root Motion, you could introduce a new boolean parameter named e.g. "ForceWalk", that prevents the run animation from playing when checked.
  • Thanks chris!