Forum rules - please read before posting.

Crowdfunding for AC-Adventures

edited July 2014 in Adventure talk
Hi everybody, 

since this community is growing and growing I thought it is a good time to address the issue of croudfunding. There has been a post in the past of how to sell games but before that a lot of work has to be put into a game, especially adventures. 

We all love adventures, and in times of Free2Play- and MMO-Games it is very hard to find good titles that carry on the tradition of this great genre.

I think for all of us who are working on a game this should also be a place not only to seek technical help but also look for support in terms of fundings. 

Getting traction and first backers is very crucial on a platform like Kickstarter and this community could help each other out on that – the “showcase”-category could be used for that if that is ok for you, Chris.

I think it will only be good for AC if the world finds out about it through other platforms than Unity and will become more and more popular among adventure enthusiasts so we can enjoy more and more games made by AC :-)

Comments

• Certainly - so long as the games featured in the showcase are made with AC and in active development, the Showcase page is there for the taking!
  • I think AC is destined to become very popular. It's simply the best engine for making 3D adventure games and it's certainly on par with the others in terms of 2D adventure games. Especially with episodic direct-control adventure games becoming increasingly popular more and more people are eventually going to discover that they can make those type of games in AC without a line of code. I feel like AC is a super cheat code that not many people know about yet but when they do this place is going to be flooded.
  • Talking about...

It seems there is a little short adventure from a few ex Autumn Moon (Bill Tiller, Gene Mocsy and Jeremiah Grant) at kickstarter using AC! They even link you Chris hehehe

Duke Grabowski, Mighty Swashbuckler! Point-and-click fun! by Venture Moon Industries
    http://kck.st/1sn8cHb

It looks superb!... I hate how Bill Tiller draws those great backgrounds hehe :P