Forum rules - please read before posting.

feature suggestion: talk to human checkbox

my main character looks not so good when talking to the side and he often talks to the player.
It would be pretty cool if the "Dialogue"->"Play speech" action had a checkbox "Talk to Human" which would make the character look down, talk ("I can't use the banana with the toaster. Or wait I just opened a portal to another universe") and turn back to the original position.

we could save two actions this way

Comments

• You mean, for the character to look at the player? (crossing the 4th wall)... ummm I guess it could be useful, although you could do the same by using a "walk to marker" and having the character face the appropriate direction? but, would be nice to have a shortcut I guess (though I don't do that that often). 
  • @Alverik: no, i thought about the person who plays the game. 
    Think of you playing the game: Using an item with an hotspot. The main character says : "I can't use this", or "Hmm great idea". He actually talks the person playing the game. It would be nice if he would automatically faces you (Look down), talks, and turns back to the original direction.

• The combinations of Actions that can be merged into one are so great in possibility, that Action parameters were created - they allow you to call multiple Actions that you perform often using the ActionList: Run Action.  You can read a tutorial about them here.
  • well in this case it wouldn't work for me because i rely on the speech ids. Parameters don't have them i think.
    It's ok . I ll just use 3 actions whenever the player talks to the camera, but a "talk direction"-dropdown for the speech action would be nice.