Forum rules - please read before posting.

NPC Move On New Path / Animation Settings Mecanim / Manual

Hello!

I have a question that I'm hoping can be solved without going over to Motion Controller.

My NPC Animation Settings are set for "Animation engine: Mecanim" and "Motion control: Manual". Everything works quite well for the entire game.

At the end, when you win, the NPC is supposed to run off on a Path. I have created the Path, set the Animation to "Running" and he only runs in place using the Cutscene ActionList.

I understand that is because the Motion Control is set to Manual. When I set the Motion Control to Automatic, it works just fine, but then the NPC doesn't work correct in the game.

I am wondering if there is a way I can just turn on the Automatic for Motion Control in the ActionList when I need the NPC to run along the path or how I can make the NPC move along a Path in code ( such as setting the speed, path, etc ). I have looked at the AC.Char and I think it's somewhere in that.

Thanks!

Comments

• I'm confused by your wording, because you say it "works just fine, but the NPC doesn't work" - which part is working fine, and which part isn't?

If you want to move an NPC along a path through script, you just have to call the SetPath function:

myNPC.SetPath (myPath);
  • Chris:

"works just fine, but the NPC doesn't work" correct in the game.

The second part explains that the NPC doesn't rotate correctly, and various other movement issues since I have custom script moving the NPC also.

I believe the myNPC.SetPath(myPath) is the answer I was looking for. 

Thanks!