Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Solved] Player pass through walls like a ghost

edited July 2014 in Technical Q&A

In the image, my player is in the right zone. To go in the left zone, there is a passage below (in the image cannot be seen).
If I click on an empty zone on the left, my player go below, making the right path. Also if I cick twice to make him run.
When I click on the Hotspot and I choose an action (choose hotspot then action), he make a straight path to the Marker of that Hotspot, passing through the wall! And the Navmesh isn't there!

I didn't notice that before 1.36, i don't know if the problem is caused from some version modifications...

That happens 50%, not always... sometimes he pathfind right.
Tx

Comments

• Please try to figure out what causes it to happen only 50% of the time - it won't be because of randomness!  I can't recreate it, so it may be unique to your scene.

I would suggest that you keep your Segments and your baked NavMesh the same area - this may help the problem.  Generally, the walkable area, and the "clickable" area, should both be the same.
  • Tx to your suggestion, I found the error! 
    There were a NavMesh segment on a ignore raycast layer, so when the player was over that navmesh when i click on the hotspot, he ignore all the navmesh path!  :O
    Stupid error that drives me crazy...
    Tx man! 
  • edited July 2014
    [DELETED]