Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot - animate object

Hi,
is there a way to animate object/2d sprite when activating a hotspot?  As a alternative for highlight script. Especialy when interaction method is chose hotspot then interaction. I see it in many games and would like to recreate it

Comments

• The visual effect of the Highlight script can be disabled by unchecking Auto-brighten materials? in its Inspector.  That will cause it to perform the necessary calculations, but leave it to a custom script to make use of them.  You can either read the Highlight script's GetHighlightIntensity function, or check Call custom events and assign events that run when a Hotspot is highlighted / unhighlighed.  You can run an ActionList from here by calling it's Interact function.
  • It took me a moment to understand. I called custom event. On highlight on () I set ActionList with Interaction.Interact. On highlight off was left empty.
    The ActionList (set to run in background) had only one item: object- play animation (duration 0:06) and set to wait until finish.  
    Interaction was set to chose hotspot then interaction and touchscreen input method. 

When activated once it played and ActionList was executed and then removed (after animation was finished) from the Hierarchy. But if I clicked twice or more the ActionList got duplicated (twice or more) with only the last one removed. 

The solution was to use the cutscene with Interaction.Interact which is not getting duplicated. I am curious if did sommething wrong or I should have added something in the On highlight off. 

Anyway thanks agan Chris. This is the best customer service I have encountered in many years. 
  • You're welcome.  I don't quite know what you mean by Interaction.Interact, but the "Highlight On" shouldn't run once the Hotspot's Interaction itself is triggered - so you can do whatever undoes the effect (e.g. stop the animation) at the front of the Interaction to stop the effect.