Forum rules - please read before posting.

XML error on loading a save game

Hello, I am getting the following error when I try to load a save game:

XmlException: Referenced character was not allowed in XML. Normalization is True, checkCharacters = True  Line 1, position 1979.

But the weird thing is that doesn't happen all the times I try to load, only on some scenes of the game, I try some debugging on the SaveSystem.cs, and the file is loaded from disk correctly, but when the Xml will be deserialized the game launches this exception.

I know I can't post engine code here, so if there's any way I can show the debugs or any extra info just tell me. Thanks!

Comments

• Thanks for the discretion.  Small code excerpts should generally be fine (e.g. the function that's causing the problem).  I will need the full error message (line references included) however.

If you're using XML, I take it you're building to iOS?  Try to work out the pattern whereby it works vs doesn't work.  Is it caused by the scene you save in, or the scene you load in?

You can also try using the Json format for your save games.  So long as you're using Unity 5.3 or later, you can check Save in Json format? Experimental at the top of the Settings Manager.