Forum rules - please read before posting.

Character builds path right on the edge of the NavMesh

Character builds path right at the edge of the NavMesh and as a result gets stuck.
Is there any workaround?

Comments

• The image is not clear about what happens - why is he getting stuck?  Is there a collider where the post is?

If your game is Point And Click, you don't need wall colliders and you can safely remove it.  If you do need them, try widening the hole in the NavMesh, reducing the size of the wall collider, or reducing the radius of the player's Capsule Collider.
  • I'm sorry I'll try to give you more detail.

There's no colliders in the scene. Just the NavMesh. But the character build it's path to close to the gap and as a result gets stuck.

The character's capsule collider is rather thin so it's definitely not the problem.
    The character uses Mechanim if that makes any difference
  • But the floor is a collider too, no?  Are there holes in the collider that match the holes in the geometry?  Try placing a plane down to cover the whole floor - so long as the NavMesh is the same, the player should still navigate around the holes.
  • edited May 2016
    The NavMesh has "ignore collision" checked and characters rely on the floors collider.
    But even with default unity navigation the character gets stuck sometimes.

It only happens with Apply Root Motion enabled  

• In that case, it's likely an issue with precision rather than collision.  Have a read of Section 3.11 of the Manual - it gives an explanation on what I think is going on, and some suggestions on how to combat it.
  • I couldn't manage to get it working properly with root motion.
    So i had to switch to legacy animation