Forum rules - please read before posting.

Global Exit Button for close-ups!

Hi guys,

I am still in the learning process to work with the Adventure Creator. I worked my way through most tutorials by now and I love this great tool!

I'm working on a 3d adventure game with many scenes and close-ups within these scenes. Now I came upon a problem which I´m not able to solve and hopefully you can help me.

To finish a close up, I worked wih the Back Button Tutorial and the workflow described operates perfectly. I have an ExitCloseUpCutscene, a ClickCloseUpButton, a StartCloseUp and an EndCloseUp Actionlist (like in the Tutorial) which communicate via parameters with each other, in a single scene. Now I need it to work in all of my scenes, without implementing the actionlist in every scene. Is there a way to expand these functions to all of my scenes, like saying it´s a global command?

Thanks in advanced for your help!

Greets
Martin

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Martin_Brainade

Yes - you could instead place the Actions inside an ActionList asset instead of a scene-based Cutscene.  Parameters are probably what you want to look into, as they allow you to "recycle" an existing ActionList using slightly different parameters each time (e.g. change which camera you switch to).  You can read more about them in this tutorial.
  • Hi Chris,

thank you for your support to solving my Problem. I got it to work.

I now use several parameters in an Action List Asset (which a cutscene was before).
    Another ActionList Asset runs the function Variable -> Run sequenze to exit the right CloseUp.

Thank you again.

Greets
    Martin

• No problem.  If the Variable: Run sequence is used to determine which Cutscene to run (but each Cutscene is in the same scene), you can eliminate it by ensuring each such Cutscene has the same Constant ID number.

When an ActionList refers to a scene-based object, it adds a ConstantID component to it which stores a number that can be used to find the object at runtime.  This is automatically set to be unique, but you can instead set it manually to any number you like.