Forum rules - please read before posting.

hotspot sequences

I need to sequences the color of the books to solve the puzzle. what is the effective way to doing this ?

Thanks

Comments

• edited May 2016
    I'd say Variables, and variable checks. You could try to give each book a virtual id, 1-5, or names if you want.

You could make a local variable like: 

ClickedBook (int or string, set it to 0 if int or nothing if a string)

Then you could give an action list/interaction to each book hotspot so that each verifies the previously clicked book, if its the right one, update the variable to the current book's ID, if it fails, reset the counter.

it would go a bit like this: 

book 1: Variable check - if ClickedBook equals to 0 or nothing, then using variable set, update ClickedBook to 1 (if int), or the current color name (if a string). If the variable check fails then update ClickedBook back to 0 or nothing. Here you can call sounds for right and wrong and all that stuff if you want to.

book 2: Variable check - if ClickedBook equals to 1 or previous color, then using variable set, update ClickedBook to 2 (if int), or the current color name (if a string). If the variable check fails then update ClickedBook back to 0 or nothing. Again, here you can call sounds for right and wrong and all that stuff if you want to.

This would repeat until the last book, where instead of just updating the variable, you would run whatever it's supposed to happen when the player finishes the puzzle. after that disable the hotspots in the books and that should be it I guess.

Anyways, there's probably plenty other ways to work the logic, so you can try other stuff if you like.