Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Feature Request] Checking for failure in saving game

Hello,

first of all apologies if the feature already exists and I missed it in patch notes. I'm currently using 1.50 (will update soon). But if it is not there, I would like to have the save/load actionlist action to branch out into two possible paths (conditional exit points) when saving. One for successful save and one for a failed save. There are multiple reasons as to why saving might fail. One of them is somewhat covered with the "Is saving possible?" action, but there are many more and it would be nice to get the outcome after every saving attempt. I'm sure ironing out and preparing to properly handle and report every failure on every system is not that easy, but the general framework would be nice and then together with the community it would be possible to document the majority of the situations and properly direct into a correct actionlist branch after the attempt to save. Thanks!

Comments

• Failure due to e.g. disk error?  Not sure this'd be widely used - might be cleaner to expose it as a custom event instead.
  • Yes, like disk error. Hm, custom event would work too, it would add a little clutter since it should be mandatory to check after every saving attempt, to take the correct course of action, but that's not a huge problem.