Forum rules - please read before posting.

Need help for input

edited May 2016 in Technical Q&A
Hello everyone, i've bought a 3rd person template i would love to use with AC, but when i import that controller in a AC scene i'm not able to move character (due to different input set). I saw theres a page which helps to fit a custom controller inside AC, but becouse i'm not a programmer i'm getting some difficults.

the controller is here:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/44227

All i want is to join those input and let those work togheter, if anyone want to help i'll be happy.

Thanks in advance

Francesco.

Comments

• Ooh, I've also been wanting to try this one with AC. I would also like to know how to wire them properly. Sadly, I've only seen Motion controller and Opsive's third person controller used with AC, and I don't have any of those.
  • A tutorial for integrating custom motion controllers can be found here.
  • edited May 2016
    Thanks for the help, i've managed to fit in AC all i needed (Tenkoku, Suimono, Invector controller, and more) with a good result, but i'm getting issues about the script i've made using the tutorial for integrating custom motion controller and problems on stop controller when i pause the game (maybe its a invector problem not sure yet)
    Actually i'm using the beta version of unity 5.4.
    On strings
    motionController.SetCharacterPosition (_char.GetTargetPosition (), 1f);
    and
    motionController.ClearTarget ();
    i'm getting that error:
    AC.MotionControl does not contain a definition for SetCharacterPoistion and ClearTarget and no extensions for both.

• The tutorial's more of a guided example on how to make a controller that suits your needs.  Are you using the Motion Controller asset?  It may be that they changed the API since that tutorial was written - what version are you using?
  • Actually i'm using invector 3rd person, i've followed the guide including invector controller as its called in their own script.
  • I'm not much of a programmer myself, so I'm kinda interested in how to do the integration properly too (Specially since I'm not very familiar with Invector's third person controller template's API...). If you get it working, I'd appreciate it immensely if you can share how you did it...  :)
  • Of course i'll do, trying to understand more from both AC and Invector creators :D
  • If you're not using Motion Control, the specific commands referred to by the tutorial won't apply - you'll have to call Invector's equivalents instead.  With so many different assets out there, the purpose of the tutorial is to provide an overview of the principles involved.
  • ok thanks Chris, i hope to resolve everything asap, i really need to use AC and that controller togheter to continue my project. Anyway, hen i'll have the solution i'll post it so i can help who needs.

• At least i had to pay a freelancer and hes working on it already. Here's a video to show what i managed to do alone:

I hope that freelancer will be able to help me or i'll never finish product by  myself!
  • edited June 2016
    hey, nice ambiance and environment! Hope you finish the game!
  • Many thanks, this is a update to show the compatibility between AC and Invector after that freelancer helped me! We are still working on it, but now when i press pause menu or inventory Invector controller stops, thats a good start!

• Looking good!
  • Excellent, I really love the feel of the level and the movement is looking great. Anyway, I hope you get the controller working right, it already looks pretty good. Too bad you had to get a freelancer, though (now, I can't really find it in me to ask for help with the integration, lol, but don't worry about it). Anyways, I hope you can it working right, the game already looks pretty neat, hope to play it some day.
  • Many thanks! Well, i've started the post becouse i had problems with inputs, but now i'm getting more problems i can't solve alone... Anyway Invector's guys told me they will work to integrate AC after they've released something else, so atm i can wait to integrate it and work more on level design, story and characters!
  • Regarding input axes when combining AC and Invector; import AC first, then Invector. This makes fxing the input axes later on easier; AC needs less axes than Invector so less work fixing.
    (biggest issue for me turned out to be the cameras)

That video looks good indeed btw!