Forum rules - please read before posting.

Moving up Ladders & In-Game cutscenes.

First of all, really enjoying Adventure Creator so far. So many useful tools under the surface that can be abused to meet your needs. Money well spent.

I'm trying to figure out the node logic for climbing a ladder. (This will also help me figure out in-game cutscenes, as the OnLoad and OnStart feel mostly useless to me)

At the moment I have a 'Ladder' hotspot set up which when I click 'use' my player walks to the Marker which is at the bottom of the ladder using 'Move-To-Point'. It then plays a climb animation I've made with my sprite, then I teleport the player to a new Marker located in a New Nav mesh that's on my roof. Once he's up there that works to.

It's the transitioning I can't figure out. He does the climb animation but only at the bottom. Then suddenly pops up at the new marker. So I made a 'Path' that goes from the bottom to the top of the ladder. This sort of walked, but it played the climb animation at the bottom...then he walked up to the marker (walked up the ladder)

I'm confused.

Comments

• If you want the player to move during the animation, you can try keyframing the player sprite's position as part of the climbing animation itself.

If you have a character move along a path, then they'll try to play the walk animation as normal.  You could also try temporarily changing the player's walk animation to your climb animation by using the Character: Animate Action and choosing Set Standard as the Method.
  • That second method is so GOOD. Thank you Chris! <3